Best indoor air rating – best in class kitchen
No substances containing heavy metals are used in production and nor do they originate in the production process either. Nor do we use glues that contain added formaldehyde in the assembly of cabinets and doors. We treat all wood surfaces with solvent-free substances: water-based lacquers, stains and paints, and natural oil. The bioframe structures contain zero formaldehyde. The Miinus kitchen undercuts the M1 indoor air rating by almost half and causes no indoor air problems.
Years of long-term work with Finnish researchers and experts in different fields were required to make the ecological Miinus kitchen a reality. Success didn’t happen overnight, but after numerous trials and errors, 3D modelling, tests and carbon footprint calculations. The calculations took into account the entire lifecycle of Miinus kitchen furniture, including all materials, components and transport.
• Fact based on carbon footprint calculations
• Materials adversely affecting the environment have been removed
• Carbon footprint calculated for the entire kitchen lifecycle
• End point of the product lifecycle has also been taken into account
• Less is more
• Proven ecological materials and production methods
• Carbon footprint, including transport, calculated for the entire lifecycle
• Operations in strict compliance with the Natural Steps program
• Carbon footprint originating in production is offset
• Carbon-neutral Miinus kitchen -remains a leader
• Most innovative kitchen globally for decades
• New materials and structures
• Materials re-usable, maintainable and recyclable
• Patented furniture system
• Reuse, Reduce, Recycle
The Miinus Ecological Kitchen brochure features inspiring ecological kitchen concepts and kitchen design tips. You’ll get inspiring ideas of different kitchen styles, but bear in mind that each Miinus kitchen is designed exactly to your wishes.